“Scanner Pro is perhaps the best app for quickly scanning and saving a digital version of a paper document.” – New York Times
Scanner Pro by Readdle is the revolutionary application that redefined the AppStore scanning category. It uses a built-in iOS camera to take pictures of a paper document. The unique technology automatically detects the edges, fixes geometry, removes shadows and other visual defects to make a perfect scan. Also, it harnessed an advanced optical character recognition (OCR) technology that allows you to extract text from scans.
About the role:
Now, the Scanner Pro team is looking for a creative iOS developer to help us deliver the best-in-class product to people all around the world. You’ll face the most challenging tasks in your career and opportunities to make a great impact — build a productivity app, that really helps millions of people.
What you will do:
- Work with Product and Customer-facing teams to design and develop new features
- Cooperate closely with the R&D department, helping develop and add new functionality to the application
- Shipping a great product in time and according to the roadmap
- Diagnose and debug complex systems.
- You have demonstrated technical strengths in Swift and Objective-C
- You possess great knowledge of separations of concerns, SOLID, OOP patterns, concurrency patterns
- You are well aware of best practices: unit testing, static analysis, code review, dependency management
- You are experienced with Xcode Instruments, profiling practices
- You know about image memory techniques and optimization
- You have a firm understanding and strong opinions about software engineering (from low-level details to high-level concepts)
- You have a huge interest in building a great software product.
Would be a plus (but not required):
- Experience with Metal, CoreImage, Accelerate, Core Graphics
- Cloud services SDK (Dropbox, Google Drive, etc.), iCloud
What you will get:
- Customer-centric culture. We put our customer first. It means that every employee can benefit from interacting with our customers directly. It enables us to create and deliver the best solutions for millions of our users.
- Professional growth. We are professionals at everything we do. It means we own our decisions, our work, and our results. We provide quality feedback to others and welcome feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve.
- A team of amazing people. The greatest power we have is the team. It means we care about each other, ensure transparency, and invest in everyone's success.
- Impact on our products. We aim to create valuable products. It means that we improve ourselves constantly by overcoming constraints, simplifying our processes, and improving our capacity.
- Innovative culture. We try to be innovative and creative in everything we do. It means that we expect, appreciate and value new ideas.