PDF Expert is one of the flagship products by Readdle. The best PDF editor on the iOS and Mac OS platforms, PDF Expert is top-rated by Apple and admired by millions of users over the years. With our recent transition to a subscription model, we are now invested in scaling up and building a long-term successful business with PDF Expert, that has a strong brand positioning, great operational excellence, and a high-performing team.
The Head of Product is a key person to lead PDF Expert product team (product management, engineering, product design) and coordinate both our marketing and customer success efforts to make sure everything we do is driven by one strategy.
We have built an amazing product with millions of users and 8 digit revenue. The dedicated Head of Product role is our commitment to scale it up from there.
If we had to describe the role in one sentence
Reporting to the CEO directly, the Head of Product will be in charge of scaling PDF Expert 10x from millions of users we have today.
Key Business Objectives
Grow PDF Expert into fully functional Readdle division
- High growth product (50%+ YoY)
- Profitable business unit with healthy margins
- Create a potential to grow into a 50-100M revenue business
Create a collaborative team focused on long term success
- Clear, detailed business structure (org chart, processes, RACI...)
- Complete team in place with all resources they need to perform
Areas of ownership
At Readdle we don’t have general managers who oversee other managers and specialists. We believe that the only chance to innovate and create brilliant products is having managing experts. Including our co-founders, everyone who owns the managing role has a deep knowledge and a practical understanding of their area.
Every manager at Readdle has four distinct categories of their leadership scope:
You have the freedom to decide what is that new you are excited to learn, what you teach others, and which tasks you delegate.
We will expect our Head of Product to personally own the following things:
- Product strategy that is aligned with the company goals
- Product positioning, value proposition, and brand
- Go-to-market strategy
- Product metrics & KPIs
- Product planning
- Product & team P&L
- Team management and cross-team collaboration
The role reports to the CEO.
Reporting to the Head of Product are Product Management, Product Design, Product Engineering, and Sales/Growth functions.
What You Will Do
Drive Product Value for Customers
- Shape the product vision that brings real value to millions of people
- Articulate PDF Expert value proposition and product positioning
- Create the go-to-market strategy and coordinate all the activities needed for execution
- Shape the business model and the pricing strategy
- Identify the right product strategy to achieve annual goals
- Translate annual goals into actionable OKRs and Product Plans
- Together with PMs, create the product plans and make sure that the execution is on the right track
- Make sure that everyone on the product team has clear goals and objectives within their roles and functions
Lead the Team and Cross-Functional Squads
- Lead the product team, decide on the priorities and resources your team needs to perform
- Make sure that cross-functional collaboration with marketing and customer success is healthy and strengthens our capacity to get things done fast
- Make sure everyone involved in the development, marketing, or customer experience of PDF Expert acts with integrity with Readdle Core Values
Ownership & Metrics
- The Head of Product owns the whole range of the product metrics: from acquisition, through activation, to retention and subscription renewals
-Own the P&L of the product with all the resources and expenses (advertising, hiring, tools, etc.) included
- Helping people and improving their lives with technology is among your core values
- You are focused on working with customers, learning from them, and listening to their needs
- You are a great communicator
- You achieve results through teamwork and know how to create strong collaboration and a great work environment in your team
- You have successful experience in scaling products to a 10x customer base
- You have a great track record in both launching new products and scaling or transforming existing ones
- You have worked with consumer B2C products. B2B experience is a plus
- You are hands-on and detail-oriented on every aspect of the product, from marketing operations to engineering and design
- You have deep expertise in shaping the product vision and positioning
- You have a strong analytical mindset, you are able to turn the data into meaningful insights
- You are curious, humble, and open-minded