Ukraine keeps fighting off a Russian invasion and defending its freedom. Right now, Russian armed forces are attacking our cities by land, air, and sea. Since the start of the war on Feb 24, thousands of civilians, including many children, have been killed or wounded. According to UNHCR, over 8,000,000 people have had to leave their homes to escape these war atrocities. According to IOM, over 5 million people are internally displaced in Ukraine as of 23 January 2023.
Readdle was founded in Ukraine, and most of our 200+ team members live here. While our apps and services remain unaffected, we, as individuals, do everything we can to protect our loved ones and support our country.
We’ve received hundreds of messages of love and support from you, our customers, and partners. Our entire team and country appreciate your standing with us!
Many of you asked how you can help Ukraine fight back and stop the aggressor. Here are the things you can do from anywhere in the world.
Help the people
Over 8,000,000 people have had to leave their homes since the invasion, and another 5 million are internally displaced. Here’s how you can help them:
- Help Ukrainian refugees abroad
- Donate to Save the Children
- Donate to SOS Ukraina
- Support independent journalists
The "White Rock" bear shelter near Kyiv has been saving bears from horrible circus conditions. Yet now, it's the Russian airstrikes that are threatening the animals. They are in the war zone. They need food or financial support. Donate to the shelter here.
Help the animals
The situation in animal shelters is alarming. Most of them are on the verge of survival. You can help animals live their happy life:
- Donate the money. UAnimals is an all-Ukrainian humanist movement that fights for animal rights and works in various formats, from animal protection raids to work in the legislative sphere.
- Spread a word. You can message on social media that shelters need help. Involve as many people as you can, bring attention to the problem.
- Take an animal from the shelter. These are challenging times, but even if you save one life, it's already a lot, making it easier for the shelter to feed the rest of the animals. No regrets about your new friend, either! 🐶
Donate to the Ukrainian Defence
Ukraine is defending Europe’s eastern border from the Russian army, one of the world's biggest and most potent armed forces. You can back the Ukrainian Defence with a donation. Every little bit helps:
Demand action from your government
The entire world stands with Ukraine now, providing weapons, humanitarian aid and imposing sanctions against Russia. You can encourage your government to take more action to help Ukraine fight back:
- Join a peace protest. Come out to the street to share your support for Ukraine and demand more action from your government. Find the next event in your city.
- US: Write to your representatives in Congress and ask for more support for Ukraine. It takes just a few moments if you follow this guide.
- UK: Write to your local MP and demand more action in supporting Ukraine.
- Spread the word. Believe us, your voice has power! Join Information forces and use social media to reach out to government and state-affiliated media accounts. For instance, a simple thing you can do right now:
Quote + comment: @NATO stop Russian aggression in #Ukraine! #StopRussianAggression #CloseTheSky #StopWarInUkraine #StopRussia #StopPutin #StandWithUkraine
Spread the truth about the war in Ukraine
There’s lots of fake news and misinformation these days. Make sure you follow the news from credible sources. Share them with your friends and family so that they can be well informed.
Our friends at MacPaw have prepared a list of verified sources that objectively cover what is happening in Ukraine:
Sources in English:
- The Washington Post
- Foreign Affairs
- The Economist
- The Guardian
- The Kyiv Independent
Sources in Russian:
- Новое Время
- Журнал «Холод»
- Русская служба BBC
- Настоящее Время
- Зеркало Недели
- Эспрессо TV
- Солидарность (BY)
Your support means a lot in these difficult times! Follow the hashtag #StandWithUkraine on social media and share this article with your friends.
With love and thanks from Ukraine,
The Readdle Team