TL;DR – Documents by Readdle updates with VPN, so you can access your favorite websites anywhere, enjoy fast browsing, and stay safe online. VPN works across all your apps that use the internet, even when you close Documents.
Documents by Readdle is where all your files come to life. This is a super app for file action. You can listen to music, watch videos, edit PDFs, read epubs, unzip files, download anything from the web. Documents does this all for you, so you don’t need to jump between multiple apps.
Browser is one of the most prominent parts of Documents. More than 11M people use it every month for work, learning, and entertainment. It’s the browser in Documents that let you download files on iOS years before Safari added this option.
Our team keeps working to amaze you with Documents’ capabilities. Recently, we’ve added the private mode and an option to change the default search engine to improve your browsing experience. Today, Documents gets the built-in VPN service to make your internet life easier, faster, and safer.
Update Documents for free, and let’s dive in!
What is VPN and why do you need it?
VPN, or virtual private network, adds an extra layer of protection to your browsing. Your web traffic is traveling through a secure encrypted tunnel, so nobody can spy on your activity.
Here’s how VPN in Documents can make your internet life better:
- Enjoy your favorite movies, music, and websites everywhere. Change your virtual location to access any website or app that may be restricted for you. Watch Netflix, Disney+ and Hulu, listen to Pandora, and enjoy many other services wherever you are.
- Keep your data safe online. When you use a public Wi-Fi network, hackers can easily steal your sensitive info like passwords and credit card numbers. VPN encrypts your data, so no evil eye snoops on you while you’re sending an important email or use internet banking in your local coffee shop.
How to use VPN in Documents
We’ve made it super easy to turn on VPN in Documents. Here’s how:
- Update Documents for free.
- Jump to the new VPN tab.
- Tap the big Start button.
That’s it! Now, you can browse the web safely and privately. Or, you can pick a different server location. This is handy when you need to bypass certain geo-restrictions. Documents lets you choose between 27 countries.
VPN works across all your apps, even when you close Documents. Once you enable VPN in Documents, you can safely make payments via your mobile banking app, send emails in Spark, or watch TV shows in the Netflix app.
Enjoy the fastest VPN experience
VPN in Documents lets you stay safe online without sacrificing speed. Here, we tested our internet speed with and without a VPN enabled in Documents:
From left to right: No VPN, Auto server, international server
Documents offers two traffic plans for VPN:
- Free plan with 50MB a day. We want to give everyone the capability to browse the web safely using Documents. Although 50MB isn’t that much, it still allows you to quickly check for new messages or send an important email while waiting for lunch at a local restaurant. Your free MBs renew daily.
- Unlimited VPN with Documents Plus. Surf the internet privately, without any limitations. VPN comes as a part of the Documents Plus subscription which gives superpowers to do even more with your files. Besides VPN, Documents Plus features Reading Mode to help you enjoy PDF books on your iPhone and advanced PDF editor which lets you modify PDF text, sign PDFs, compress them, and more. All these amazing features are available at $89.99/year or $12.49/month. Learn more about what’s included in the Documents Plus subscription.
Note for existing subscribers:
- Those of you who previously subscribed to professional PDF tools in Documents can still benefit from these features on the terms and price you had before.
- You can also upgrade your plan to get a VPN. In this case, you will be charged $89.99 and then receive a partial refund depending on how long you’ve been using the subscription with advanced PDF tools before upgrading your plan.
As a super app for file action, Documents offers numerous built-in apps, and you don’t need any subscription for most of them. Read books, watch movies, connect all your clouds, listen to music, and browse the web for free, without any limitations.
Sneak Peek: VPN widget in iOS 14
Our team is super excited about the new widgets feature coming to iOS 14 this fall. We already teased some of the widgets we’ll add in Documents. Now, we’re ready to show you the new widget that fires up VPN right from your Home Screen!
Customize widgets with your favorite file actions like opening a music player or transferring files from your computer. You can choose between small, medium, and large widgets depending on how many actions you'd like to keep at hand.
You’ll be able to use widgets in Documents from day one after the iOS 14 public release this fall. Please note this feature isn’t available in the iOS 14 beta right now.
Documents is now a place for file action, not just simple storage. We’ve built it to supercharge your iPhone & iPad, so you can do what you want with your files, without switching between dozens of apps. With today’s update, you don’t need to search for a separate VPN service for your iPhone. Stream your favorite TV shows, listen to music online, and regain your peace of mind while using public Wi-Fi. Documents just takes care of everything.
Download Documents for free, and let us know what you think!