Whether you need to scan one document on the go or create a digital copy of your files, your iPhone has got you covered. See how to quickly scan your documents using Notes and Scanner Pro apps.
How to scan and email a document from your iPhone in Notes
The Notes app is a pre-installed app that makes it easy to instantly save all your thoughts, to-dos, and any information on your iPhone. One of its hidden gems is that it allows you to add files and quickly scan and email a document. Follow the steps below for detailed instructions on scanning a document in the Notes app.
- Open the Notes app.
- Create a new note. Important note: make sure to create a new note under your iCloud account. If you are creating a note under Gmail, Outlook, or any other account connected to the Notes app, the option to scan documents won’t be available.
- Tap the Camera icon above the keyboard.
- Choose Scan Documents.
- Place your document and wait for the scan to be automatically taken. Or tap the Shutter icon.
- Tap Save.
- Tap the arrow button next to your newly created scanned document.
- Tap Share and select the Mail app or other mail app of your choice.
How to scan and email a document on an iPhone in Scanner Pro
Scanner Pro is a professional scanning app that easily turns papers into PDFs on your iPhone and iPad. It allows you to scan receipts, books, IDs, invoices, and other documents. If you need to scan and email your documents regularly and want to edit and enhance your scans, Scanner Pro is a great solution.
Let’s see how to scan and email a document using Scanner Pro on your iPhone.
- Open Scanner Pro.
- Tap the Plus button located in the lower right corner.
- Prepare your document for scanning, choose the preferred Color Mode (Color Document, Black & White Document, Color Photo, or Grayscale Photo), or select it later during editing.
- Tap the Shutter icon to take a scan. Alternatively, with Auto-capture mode in Scanner Pro, the app will automatically snap a picture.
- Tap Save if you are happy with the quality of a scanned document. Or do some editing before saving the document.
- Open the document and tap Share. Then select the Mail app or other preferred emailing app.
One can wonder how to scan and email from iPhone in the best possible file quality. Scanning apps, including Scanner Pro, support advanced editing features that can enhance the scan quality. Check out how you can edit your scanned files:
- In Scanner Pro, open the document. Or tap Import Files to add a document from your iPhone.
- Tap Edit and choose the editing capabilities.
- Rotate, Resize Page, Erase distortions, change Color Mode, Brightness, and Contrast, and Straighten curved lines, if necessary.
Once your document is created, you can make some changes to pages afterward as well. Feel free to add new pages to the document, use OCR (optical character recognition) to search text in your document, rotate or rearrange pages, and more.
If you were asking yourself: “Can I scan and email from my iPhone?” - now you know how to do it easily. Scan and email documents from your iPhone using the pre-installed app like Notes and the specialized scanning solution Scanner
Try Scanner Pro and see how easy it is to scan documents with your iPhone.