We're looking for a System Administrator to support growing infrastructure for Readdle’s engineers, designers, project managers, marketing team, and customer support representatives.
We believe that configuration is a code and that the systems should be designed with the possibility of failure in mind. We are looking for person who could share our beliefs. We are 99% Mac on the user side and 70% Linux on the server side.
- You will report directly to CTO and co-founder, who was doing this job among the others for the previous ten years.
- Ensure that internal Readdle services are working in a secure and highly available way.
- Ensure that everyone at Readdle’s Odessa office has great networking and computing experience.
- Help other offices and remote workers work efficiently with Readdle resources.
- Automate setting up servers for development and QA process.
- Automate account and device management throughout the company.
- Support infrastructure for readdle.com and other publicly facing web-sites.
- Networking: OSI in general and great understanding of TCP/IP, TLS, HTTP.
- Great knowledge of Linux or other POSIX operating systems.
- Great knowledge of some provisional system (Chef, Puppet, Ansible) and shell scripting.
- Understanding of IT Security.
- iptables, LDAP, VPN, OAuth, IMAP/SMTP, curl, nginx, ssh, kvm, cloud computing, any monitoring systems.
- Kind to co-workers who depend on Readdle infrastructure.
- Proven ability to assess problems and research solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Prevent future problems by automating processes.
- Keen awareness of system vulnerability.