Documents 6 is the best file manager, music player and downloader for iPhone and iPad. Download it for free, if you haven’t done so yet.
How to download files on iPhone and iPad
If you ever tried to download files on iPhone and iPad from the web, you know it's not quite possible. There's no simply a Downloads folder, that we got used to on computers. Well, you can use Documents built-in web browser or Safari browser to solve this problem and download mp3, videos, books, documents and literally anything from the Web.
How to download files to iPhone in Documents?
Built-in browser provides you with the possibility to bookmark or save a web page.
Moreover, all recently visited web pages and search results are saved in Search History for your convenience.
How to download files from Safari
Documents is the best downloader for iPhone and iPad. In order to download files from Safari to Documents, you can use 2 methods:.
Open in Documents:
- Tap on the direct link to download the file in Safari;
- Wait until the document is loaded;
- Tap Open in… or More (depends on the file type) on the toolbar at the top when the documents opens for preview;
- Select Documents from the list of available apps.
- Tap on the direct link to download a file in Safari;
- Change the first part of URL in the address bar from http:// to rhttp:// (just add r at the beginning), and tap Go.
The file will be automatically opened in the built-in app browser.