Documents 6 is the best file manager, music player, and downloader for iPhone and iPad. Get it for free, if you haven’t done so yet.
Documents serves as a single integration hub for all your cloud services and local files. It’s the easiest way to use Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, WebDAV on iPhone and iPad to access all of your files from one app. The best part about it is that you can work directly in the cloud storage, without downloading them.
How to download from Dropbox to iPhone or iPad
With Documents you can download files and folders or work directly from your Dropbox account.
- Tap + Add account;
- Select Dropbox;
- You can either Enter login and password manually or Launch Dropbox app to get authorized;
- After authorization your Dropbox account will be saved under In the Cloud section. Tap it to review your Dropbox files.
- Tap to download or view your Dropbox photos, music or documents.
Other cloud storage services
To set up connection with any of the listed above web services, follow the steps below:
- Tap + Add Account and select the storage you want to connect to;
- Provide your credentials;
- Once the authorization is completed, you’ll get access to the list of all files stored on the service;
- Tap on any file to download and open it.
To download several files at a time:
- Tap Select;
- Select files and folders;
- Tap Download;
- The selected files will be automatically downloaded to the 'Downloads' directory.
Note: You can change the destination of downloaded files in the app Settings > File Manager.
In Documents with iCloud you can transfer photos, mp3, PDFs, video and other files from another device with Documents or any other app.
To enable iCloud:
- Go to iOS Settings on your iPhone or iPad;
- Tap your Apple ID at the top of the menu that contains your name and image, if you've added one;
- Tap iCloud;
- Enable the toggle for iCloud Drive;
- Finally, enable the toggle for Documents.
To move or copy files to iCloud:
- Go to Documents tab;
- Tap Select;
- Choose a file or files you want to move or copy to iCloud;
- Tap Move or Copy;
- Select a directory in the iCloud section.
Once iCloud Drive is ON in iOS Settings, iCloud tab will appear in Documents. Tap iCloud and select a file you'd like to import from another application or iCloud Drive root folder.