If you use both iPhone and iPad, you'll likely want to share files between them. This is especially true for photos. While your iPhone is a perfect device for taking beautiful pictures, it's more convenient to view and edit photos on your iPad. Let's see how to transfer photos from iPhone to iPad in two easy ways.
AirDrop not working? Share photos with FileDrop!
Your iPhone and iPad have a built-in AirDrop feature to share files with nearby devices. Unfortunately, you may often find AirDrop not working when you desperately need it. As a technology, AirDrop also has its limitations. You can share individual files, but there's no possibility to transfer entire folders.
That’s why our free Documents app has introduced FileDrop to let you transfer files between iOS devices without tears. FileDrop works with all file formats and sizes. You can even share entire folders and maintain the folder structure while copying your files.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to iPad with FileDrop:
- Turn on Wi-Fi or Bluetooth on both your iOS devices.
- Install and open Documents on your iPhone and iPad.
- Tap … More on the file or folder you wish to share.
- Tap the icon of a nearby device to share files with it.
How to transfer pictures from iPhone to iPad using WebDAV
Documents also lets you connect iPhone to iPad via WebDAV. This way, you can access all files and folders from your iPad on your iPhone and vice versa. You can also easily download or upload files and photos from one device to another.
Before connecting your iPhone to iPad:
- Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open Documents on both your iPhone and iPad.
- Enable WebDAV in Documents. Go to Settings > WebDAV Server. Enter any username and password you like and tap Start WebDAV.
How to transfer photos from iPhone to iPad via WebDAV:
- Open Documents on both devices.
- On your iPad, tap + Add Connection on the sidebar.
- Select WebDAV and tap the purple Available Devices icon.
- Find your iPhone on the list of available devices.
- Enter the username and password you used for enabling WebDAV on your iPhone and tap Done.
- Now, you can see the files and folders from your iPhone.
- To get the iPhone photos on your iPad, tap … More on the needed file and select Download.
- To download multiple files or folders at once, tap Select at the top right, choose the files, and tap Download on the sidebar.
If you want to transfer some files from your iPad to your iPhone, tap Select at the top right, tap Upload on the sidebar and choose the needed files.
How to transfer files from iPad to iPhone via WebDAV:
- Open Documents on both devices.
- On your iPhone, tap Connections at the bottom.
- Tap Add Connection > WebDAV Server and tap the purple Available Devices icon.
- Select your iPad under Available devices.
- Type the username and password you used for enabling WebDAV on your iPad and tap Done.
- Now, you can see the files and folders from your iPad.
- To transfer the files from your iPad to your iPhone, tap … More on the needed file and select Download.
- To download multiple files or folders at once, tap Select at the top right, choose the files, and tap Download at the bottom.
If you want to share some files from your iPhone to your iPad, tap Select at the top right and select Upload. Choose the files you wish to transfer, and they’ll appear on your iPad.
We've described two ways to transfer photos from iPhone to iPad and vice versa with the Documents app. It works as a central hub for all your files and lets you open any file type, listen to your favorite music, watch videos, and so much more.
Download Documents for free and take control of all files on your iPhone and iPad!