How to Instantly Turn your iPhone into a Flashlight
Turn on the iPhone Torch in just a few simple taps by following this easy to follow guide to enable the iPhone Flashlight.
All iPhones that Apple has manufactured starting with iPhone 4 have come a flash at the back of the phones, so that you can take incredible quality photos even when there is nearly no light on the subject. In recent iPhones, Apple has added a two-tone flash that gives you better colors for skin tones. But the flash at the back of your iPhone isn’t merely good for taking good photos or videos, it can also be used to repurpose your iPhone as a Flashlight. Here’s a handy guide to instantly turn your iPhone into a flashlight.
How to Enable the Flashlight Shortcut on iPhone in Control Center
As long as you’re running an updated version of iOS on your iPhone, you can enable a quick one-tap shortcut for the flashlight in the Control Center of your iOS device. Here’s how to make sure your flashlight shortcut on iPhone is enabled.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on the ‘Control Center’ option, then on ‘Customize Controls’.
- If you don’t already see Flashlight under the ‘INCLUDE’ list, enable it by tapping on the green colored + sign next to the Flashlight control under the ‘MORE CONTROLS’ group.
- You have now enabled the Flashlight Shortcut on iPhone in Control Center.
With this, you can now instantly turn your iPhone into a flashlight, whenever you want. You don’t even need a flashlight app on iPhone. Let’s take a look at how to do this.
How to Instantly Enable Flashlight on iPhone from Control Center
Once you have enabled the Flashlight Shortcut above, it’s very easy to quickly enable the Flashlight on your iPhone. Here’s how:
- Follow the steps detailed above to ensure that the Flashlight Shortcut is enabled in Control Center.
- If you’re using a modern iPhone with no Home button, swipe from the bottom of the screen to access the Control Center shortcuts.
- If you’re using an older iPhone with a Home button, swipe down on your screen from the top right corner to access the Control Center shortcuts.
- Tap on the Flashlight/Torch icon to instantly enable/disable the flashlight on your iPhone.
- That’s it. This quick ‘Swipe & Tap’ action is all you need to instantly turn your iPhone into a flashlight.
Now that you know how to turn off the flashlight on iPhone, let’s answer some common questions.
- How do I find the flashlight on my iPhone?
The flashlight is located at the back of your iPhone, right next to the cameras. To turn on or turn off the flashlight on iPhone, scroll up to read the steps detailed above.
- Why is my iPhone flashlight not working?
Some common reasons why your iPhone flashlight may not be working are:
- You have not enabled iPhone flashlight toggle in Settings
- You have not turned on iPhone flashlight
- There is something wrong with your iPhone flashlight and you may need to take it to an Apple Service Center.
But what if there was a faster way to do this? If you have an iPhone Xs, iPhone Xs Max or an iPhone Xr, iOS gives you two handy shortcuts right on the lock screen of your phone. Simply tap to wake up the screen and press hard on the Flashlight icon available at the bottom left of the lock screen.
You don’t need to unlock your iPhone to enable the flashlight from the lock screen. It works just like a Physical button in the real world. All you have to do to turn on the flashlight from the lock screen is to wake up your iPhone screen and press hard on the flashlight icon.